Namratha only uses reward-based and positive training techniques. Services include puppy/adult dog obedience training, behaviour modification programs to work through aggression/reactivity, and undesirable behaviours such as anxiety, fussy eating, jumping and others. She also trains dogs for scentwork and agility!
SCHEDULING, PAYMENT & RELATED POLICIES (updated Jan 2022)
1. Each session (1 hour long) is Rs. 1800.
2. You can choose to pay session by session, or avail any of the two packages offered below:
- 4 sessions : Rs. 6,600
- 8 sessions : Rs. 12,000
3. I recommend:
- For puppies under a year old, I recommend the 8 session package, committing to at least 1 or 2 sessions a week.
- For behaviour or aggression cases, the number and frequency of sessions vary greatly.
4. Sessions are primarily online, depending on the status of the pandemic.
5. Payment needs to be completed in advance of the session or start of the package.
6. Last minute cancellations are understandable, and sessions can be rescheduled on a case-to-case basis. No-shows will be charged the full rate
Please write to me for training queries and concerns.
HOW DOES ONLINE TRAINING WORK? (updated Jan 2022)
- Sessions are conducted on Zoom, Google Meet or Whatsapp video calls. I will have my own demo dog with me to walk you through your body language, commands, timing of treats etc
- The main challenge of online sessions is that I am not there in person to observe the dog and run various behaviour tests, which is important to understand the temperament of the dog . To work around this, I ask for a lot of videos before and after sessions. I will ask for things like – ask someone to take 1-min video when on a walk so I can see you and the dog, film your dog when the door bell rings, send me 2 videos during play time with your family, send me a video of a 1 min stay in your building lobby etc.
- Dog training is all about building a relationship, a communication channel between you and your dog. Sessions, both in person and online, focus on teaching the humans, you, how to train, read and understand your dog. The knowledge and experiences in these sessions will last a lifetime (provided you practice and remain consistent!), much beyond those few hours of training sessions. This is which is why online sessions work well!
Photo credit: Vajor