Training is not just about the number of commands your dog responds to. It is also about good behaviour – being friendly, confident and polite in all situations. Whether you choose to train your own dog, or hire a trainer, make sure it is a two way stream: take the effort to understand canine language if you expect your dog to learn your language.
There are only benefits to training your dog. Some are:
- To nurture a polite and friendly pet
- To provide mental stimulation for dogs (walks aren’t enough, folks!)
- To help reduce anxiety and other behaviour problems
- To build a bond with your pet
- To be more knowledgeable about dog behaviour
Do contact me for any queries, concerns and feedback on training and trainers!